Your Programming Language Sucks If...
My checklist for what constitutes a bad programming language. A tongue-in-cheek
look at what I need in a language to be productive, safe, and correct.
Your Programming Sucks If...
- You don't have a REPL
- Coerce strings to numbers without being wrapped in an error type (or exception)
- Static type system with no generics
- Can't distribute a fully static binary
- Lacks a non-runtime syntax checker
- Fails to compile due to unused imports
- If "undefined behavior" appears anywhere in the specification
- Has an unrestricted
- Lacks garbage collection or the ability to disable the GC